Will you Journey With Us?
Select weekends June 7th to September 13th
Sundays 1:30 – 4:00 pm
Click HERE for dates and locations.
During this universal Year of Consecrated Life join in responding to the command of Pope Francis to “Wake up the World” by connecting personally with religious congregations and participating in this pilgrimage in order to discover the beauty of our journey to God who is the beginning and end of life’s pilgrimage.
Visit the motherhouses, abbeys, shrines, and other community sites and interact with the religious brothers and sisters who live and serve there. On select Sundays one or more pilgrimage sites will welcome you to tour, pray, reflect, and talk with the sisters and brothers.
Journey through the diocese…
- Visit any of the religious homes or ministry centers and receive your “Pilgrim Passport”. Travel to other locations to have your passport stamped.
- Complete your journey at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist.
- Those who bring a fully stamped passport to the Cathedral after any Sunday Liturgy, will receive a Year of Consecrated Life commemorative item. (Note: Visiting 3 or more sites designates a fully stamped passport.)
What is a Pilgrimage?
A pilgrimage is a journey to a sacred place reminding us that we are pilgrims on a journey that begins and ends with God.
What do I do on a Pilgrimage?
- Visit and connect with those in religious communities
- Spend time with friends or family, children or grandchildren
- Reflect on your own spiritual journey
Year of Consecrated Life Prayer
O God, throughout the ages you have called women and men to pursue lives of perfect charity through the evangelical counsels of poverty, chastity, and obedience. During this Year of Consecrated Life, we give you thanks for these courageous witnesses of Faith and models of inspiration. Their pursuit of holy lives teaches us to make a more perfect offering of ourselves to you. Continue to enrich your Church by calling forth sons and daughters who, having found the pearl of great price, treasure the Kingdom of Heaven above all things. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Prayer for the Year of Consecrated Life © 2014, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. All Rights Reserved.
For more information about the Year of Consecrated Life Pilgrimage contact the Office of Evangelization at (216) 696-6525, ext. 2540