Founded in Coesfeld, Germany in 1850; came to Cleveland, Ohio in 1874
An international congregation of more than 2,000 apostolic women religious serving in 18 countries on 5 continents, united in one heart, one hope, and one mission for the transformation of the world in Christ.
Foundresses – Hilligonde Wolbring, foundress; Elisabeth Kühling, co-foundress
Charism – Our charism and our spirit impel us to “participate in the mission of Jesus Christ, witnessing God’s goodness and provident care to others…” We devote ourselves to education in all its forms especially to catechesis and to other ministries which respond to the needs of the times, particularly those which serve people who are poor and marginalized. We express our charism through a spirit of joyful simplicity in our everyday lives.
Ministries – Education; parish and pastoral ministry; writing; spiritual development; mission in Jinotega, Nicaragua; Bethany Retreat Center; various community service ministries; prayer line ministry; young adult ministry, and volunteer ministries